2018 Yankees

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LISteve, Oct 22, 2017.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. hardndslick

hardndslick

I don't see darvish coming. He's too expensive with their cap. and not worth what he's looking to get over 6 or 7 years. He would be under contract until he was almost 40. They would have to trade D- Rob and or Gardner to free up money to get him. Because nobody is taking Elsbury. Trading Robinson would hurt the team. If cashman trades them for money for Darvish, he should be fired.
    I'm ok seeing what we have with the kids and what we already have this year. And see what's up at the July deadline. Or wait to next year when the free agent pool is better..
  2. slyguyby

slyguyby

Darvish is horrible in the AL, at 31 he is washed up. We have a weak rotation Tanaka will continue to have elbow problems with the amount he throws the slider. Gray is a solid number 3. Its gonna be a long season without a solidified Ace. CC was in rare form last year, let him eat all the coco-puffs he wants if he pitches like that. Still cant forgive him for his drunk season and missing a playoff start against the Astros, for what we were paying him. The Steinbrieners could have had a couple of home playoff games had we beat the Astros, generating 100s of millions in revenue.
  3. NINE-LIVES

NINE-LIVES

And Pujols contract, maybe the fat toad from the tigers too? Can't recall his name right now. The one Sanchez sucker punched
  4. NINE-LIVES

NINE-LIVES

I seriously hope they don't sign Darvish. All I keep hearing is how much Cashman likes him, lets hope its less then he liked Pavano, Wright, and Igawa. I rather see them with Cobb.

I would love to see Josh Harrison in pinstripes, guy is a great all around ball player, can play 2b and 3b too. I can't see them letting two rooks start at BOTH positions. Going out on a limb here and gana say that neither Stanton or Judge hits 40 home runs this year. High 30's for both.

Can someone PLEASE take pukes-bury off our hands already, I loathe him, I think Cashman "Loved" him a little too much. Has to be one of the worse contracts in MLB right now other than maybe Heywards on the cubs.
  5. hardndslick

hardndslick

I don't think anyone will give him 7 years especially the Yankees. But you never know.
  6. LISteve

LISteve

No way on Darvish. Go to war with the staff we have. If we need pitching we can pick somebody up at the trade deadline. That gives all the pitchers most of the season to prove themselves. I like Monty a lot and I think he will be as good as what they are looking at now.
    billyS and hardndslick like this.
  7. billyS

billyS

Sonny Gray's biggest problem was run support. He'll be fine.
    I wouldn't give Darvish 7 years.
  8. AssMan19

AssMan19

I agree with your thinking as I too like to see what the young guys can do before rendering a decision. Cole is no Sonny Gray and should the Yankees acquire him in trade I do think you will be happy with his abilities.
    hardndslick likes this.
  9. hardndslick

hardndslick

It doesn't look like its gonna happen anyway.
    I'd like to see what the kids can do this year and see what happens. then they will have a better idea what to do with next years free agent class that's going to be alot better than this years class.
    If they do get Cole. I hope I'm wrong about him. And he's not another sonny Gray.
  10. AssMan19

AssMan19

I agree, although I don't feel that Cole is an average pitcher.
  11. hardndslick

hardndslick

Green was a starter. I think he got nervous before his starts and it fucked him up. He's got great stuff tho.

I just don't want to give up the farm for another average pitcher.
  12. AssMan19

AssMan19

I know Montgomery is young and hasn't pitched longer enough to get a feel as to what kind of pitcher he will be. I know many of you have not seen Cole pitch before but he is a really good pitcher and has much better stuff than Montgomery at this point. If the Yankees were to decide to convert Chad Green into a starter that would be very interesting to see. He too looks like he has good stuff and can be a very good pitcher.
  13. hardndslick

hardndslick

I've heard talk about chad green starting again
  14. LISteve

LISteve

I would prefer they just leave in Montgommery! He had a really good first year and He is young and healthy.
    hardndslick and joeyboy like this.
  15. joeyboy

joeyboy

Pirates didn't score many runs last year.Cole will benefit from a much better Yankee offense getting more run support
    AssMan19 likes this.
  16. hardndslick

hardndslick

I just hate to trade away some of our top talent for a so so pitcher. Even Clint Frazer. Just because we all know that some of our outfielders will go on the DL at some point.
    If they get another pitcher. I'd like another lefty
    billyS likes this.
  17. AssMan19

AssMan19

Last year he wasa500 pitcher, however his overall numbers is 17 games over. Last year he gave up a lot of home runs (31), 2016 was an injury plague year and in 2015 he was 19 - 8 with a 2.60 era and considered one of the finest young pitcher in the game.He is still just 27 years old. I do believe he could be a good addition to the starting rotation. Seeing more out of some of the young arms is not bad idea but I think the Yankees are built to win this year and Gerrit Cole would be a smart move unless they can find another strong # 2 or # 3 IMO.
  18. hardndslick

hardndslick

He's only been a 500 pitcher and would give up alot of homers at the stadium.
    I'd prefer that they move on from him.

I read somewhere that the two teams were never that close to making a deal.

If they are looking for someone to just get through the first 5 or 6 inings, id rather see what the kids can do in the minors.
  19. AssMan19

AssMan19

Why not Garret Cole? He is a pretty good pitcher and the Yankees might not have to give up too much to get him?
  20. NINE-LIVES

NINE-LIVES

Are the Yankees done shopping? Do we have a 2b and 3bman? Couldn't we use another starter and reliever? I hope they don't pick up this guy Cole. Im not impressed with his or his numbers last few years. Rather see them sign a guy like Cobb if they can swing it and stay under the luxury tax.