2017 Yankees

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LISteve, Oct 8, 2016.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. joeyboy

joeyboy

True.Anything can happen in one game
  2. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

I dont think they will win the division but they can beat anyone in a one game playoff. But anyone can beat them also.
    hardndslick likes this.
  3. joeyboy

joeyboy

I know they won today that's the bottom line but this offense is going to hurt them in a one game playoff.They need to win the division,Today bases loaded and one out Girardi has to pinch hit for Romine there.You have Judge,Holliday,and Bird on the bench...could have put that game out of reach.Then they get first and third and no outs and do not score
  4. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

I get that,but they are not even old yet. Its just not the same.
  5. LISteve

LISteve

LOVE Old Timers day - I get to see the modern day DYNASTY Yankees! Cone, O'Neil, Bernie, Jorge, Mariano! Great Stuff!
    Mr. Wiggley likes this.
  6. hardndslick

hardndslick

I'm a long time Yankee fan. And I hate both sterling and Waldman. Especially Waldman with her annoying Boston accent. Michael Kay sucks too.
    lightweight likes this.
  7. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

I always said, i love the Yank history. I always loved watching Yank old timers day. Now, its unwatchable, but back then, spacial.
    Mr. Wiggley likes this.
  8. Mr. Wiggley

Mr. Wiggley

I learned Yankee history with Mel Allen. He told a story as the game went along, talked about all the Hall of Famers, their days of glory and days of despair. Made you feel like family.
    His first game as Yankee announcer was Mickeys rookie year so he saw a lot and read about babe, Gehrig, Keller.
    Man those Old Timers Days were great there were maybe 40 HOF guys on the field, all teams.
  9. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

I grew up with the same guys.. So, I cant stand the yank radio people. Gotta respect Sterling but to me, he is horrible. Waldman sucks.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  10. LISteve

LISteve

I grew up on Scooter, Bill White and Frank Messer. I like the current group too. I also love JOhn Sterling. The radio guys before Sterling were dreadful.
    Mr. Wiggley likes this.
  11. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

When I was young, and you hated the other team, I hated scooter. He was such a homer, knew nothing about any other team but the yanks.... As I got older, and matured, a little bit, I learn to love him because, first of all, your teams announcer, should be a homer, fuck the other team. Plus I learned to "get it " his shtick... I agree... He was great, along with his partner white...
    Mr. Wiggley likes this.
  12. LISteve

LISteve

My favorite I think was the Scooter.
    hardndslick and lightweight like this.
  13. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

Terrible loss last night. Judge strikes out three times...He has problems.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Mr. Wiggley likes this.
  14. Mr. Wiggley

Mr. Wiggley

Oh boy I am old. Mel Allen, Phil, and Red Barber.
  15. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

Even as a Yankee hater, ( I really dont hate anything in real life ), I agree with you.....The history is incredible..
    Mr. Wiggley likes this.
  16. hardndslick

hardndslick

Lots of Yankee greats. That's one of the things that make it a special organization.
    Mr. Wiggley and lightweight like this.
  17. NINE-LIVES

NINE-LIVES

Murcer was great in the booth!
    Can still hear his voice, and Rizutto's, and even Bill White's.
    Mr. Wiggley likes this.
  18. LISteve

LISteve

He was the shortstop when I started to watch the Yankees. My favorite players though were Munson and Bobby Murcer. I was really hit hard when Bobby died. I loved hearing him on the broadcasts. I miss him.
    Mr. Wiggley and lightweight like this.
  19. hardndslick

hardndslick

he was a great scout and as a gm be managed to keep George in check somewhat.
    Mr. Wiggley likes this.
  20. Mr. Wiggley

Mr. Wiggley

Lot of people forget he played short for the Yanks in the bad old days.
    Coach, manager, scout, gm.
    A real Yankee.
    lightweight and joeyboy like this.